Solange Knowles is such an influence in the fashion community. She is not afraid to experiment with different looks and colors and I aspire to be like that. Going outside of your comfort zone should be a fun and unique experience every time. Lately I have been loving her all one color outfits as you can see from the picture above. Something like the red on red outfit she wore at Paris Fashion Week would never even cross my mind of pieces to put together but now it will! Fashion is supposed to be expressive and unordinary in the best ways; if you can not have fun and dress up with your clothes, why even wear them?
L.A. Girl Cosmetics have become well known for their HD Pro Concealers, that is no surprise because they are amazing products for the small price tag. Recently the company has come out with new lip products and they are flying off the shelves! The Matte Pigment Glosses and the Glazed Lip Paints are all everyone is talking about these days. They are extremely pigmented for the price and come in a wide range of colors so there is something there for every skin tone. I like how there are options of matte or glossy based on your preference. I am personally more a matte lip wearer because the color lasts so much longer and there is less of a worry about the lip color transferring to clothes or getting stuck in your hair when the wind blows (I always have that problem when I wear glossy/sticky lip glosses). But both product lines are amazing and definitely worth trying out. Have you tried them yet? What are your favorite colors from the lines? xoxo
When I think of spring and summer bags I typically gravitate more towards smaller bags like clutches. Here are some I’ve been eyeing lately. I think my style incorporates each one of these bags in different ways. For example, I can already imagine outfits I would put together with some of the bags.
- The Herschel clutch I would pair with a casual outfit like a nice white tee, black fashion joggers, and some Nike sneakers, with simple silver jewelry for a chill shopping day or running errands.
- The Ted Baker clutch/crossbody I would pair with a white blouse, a black flowy midi skirt, and white pumps for a dressy dinner date.
- The Lipsy clutch would look great with a nice white summer dress, nude heeled sandals, and gold jewelry for an afternoon brunch with friends.
- The Warehouse Palm Printed Clutch would look amazing with a blush-colored blazer, white blouse, white trousers, and nude heels for a business lunch meeting.
- This ASOS brand clutch bag would be excellent with a LBD, gold heels, and gold accessories for a fun night out on the town.
It is already well known that Balmain is going to have a line at H&M Fall 2015 and I am so excited for it. I missed out on purchasing anything from the Alexander Wang x H&M collection but I will not miss this collaboration. Balmain is one of my favorite designers and H&M is a great place to find fashion bits for a great price. It is so amazing that the brand is teaming up with so many up-scale designers and bring it to the average consumer at a reasonable price. The collection is definitely going to be flying off the shelves just based on who already wears their clothes. The power couple of fashion, Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, have already had a recent SS15 ad campaign with Balmain and they are regularly seen wearing their collections. And I know that is how many people have become aware of Balmain because of the West family’s strong influence in fashion. It will be no surprise that when this launches I hope to be sporting some of the pieces! What about you? xoxo
Today is a chilly and cloudy spring day so I decided to incorporate that into my color palette. It is neutral with a subtle pop of color with the blue. What would you wear on a cloudy day?
Gray Tanktop – ASOS
Blue button down – H&M
White Jeans – ASOS
Strappy Heels – Just Fab
Over spring break I opted to not participate in the traditional college spring break in a place like Florida or Cancun, I travelled to Lima, Peru instead. I went with a group called MedLife to help out the community in the area. I created a video as well to highlight some of the best parts of the trip. I hope you enjoy! xoxo
Lately these products have aided me in my beauty routine and I thought I’d share them with you guys.
- (from left to right) Duo-fibre Blush Brush from Real Techniques: I use it with my more pigmented blushes and it gives a light but build-able wash of color onto the cheek.
- LA Girl Pro Concealer in Dark Cocoa: I use this product for cream contour because it makes it super easy to place the product in the hollows of my cheekbones and my forehead before blending it out with a brush
- Japonesque Solid Brush Cleanser: It makes cleaning my brushes easy. You swirl your damp brush in the solid and it instantly lifts the makeup from the bristles of the brush. It also has a pleasant smell to it.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer: This is my first time trying out this primer and I’d have to say it is great for oily skinned people like myself. My foundation definitely lasts longer from using it.
- Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Foundation: this was recommended to me but one of the makeup artists in Sephora, she said it is specifically for oily skinned people to help prevent their makeup from looking too oily throughout the day. I have not worn it for a full 24 hours but maybe like 16 hours and I hardly had to touch up my face.
Just last week I did a big chop to my hair and I love it. It will be so much easier to maintain this summer by being able to do wash-n-go’s on my hair and not having to worry about the summer heat as much. These are the products and the step-by-step process I have been using to keep my hair soft and manageable but still defined.
- After co-washing in the shower and t-shirt drying my hair as I get dressed, I sprits a 1:1 combination of water and Organix Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Conditioner on my hair using the spray bottle. This is my leave-in conditioner.
- After my hair is saturated with the mixture, I section it off and start with the hair at the nape of my neck. I take the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and distribute it throughout the section of hair for definition.
- Next, I take my 100% raw coconut oil (melted) and run it through my hair for softness and manageability.
- Finally, I use EcoStyler Gel Argan Oil to define my curls without the crunching feeling afterwards.
- Repeat steps 2-4 on all sections of the hair.
This personalized method of a wash-n-go lasts me about 4-5 days with defined curls. I use the leave-in conditioner mixture in the mornings as well to liven up my curls if they become flat from sleeping the night before. I hope this was helpful to any new curly girl out there looking for products to try it.Let me know what you think! xoxo
These monthly mixes will highlight songs that I was loving the last month and these songs are in no particular order. I will try my best not to repeat songs over consecutive months but I probably will still be loving the songs in May and June. My music taste is very complex and not set to one genre of music as you will come to see throughout the next few months. If you have any song or artist suggestions for me feel free to leave them in a comment below and tell me if you enjoy this mix! xoxo
- The Need to Know | Wale feat. SZA
- U Go I Go | Abra
- Heaven Only Knows | Towkio feat. Chance The Rapper, Lido, & Erin Allen Kane
- College Girl | Jon Waltz
- U | Majid Jordan
- 9 | Willow Smith feat. SZA
- I Know You | Towkio
- Wanderer | Tinashe