Just last week I did a big chop to my hair and I love it. It will be so much easier to maintain this summer by being able to do wash-n-go’s on my hair and not having to worry about the summer heat as much. These are the products and the step-by-step process I have been using to keep my hair soft and manageable but still defined.
- After co-washing in the shower and t-shirt drying my hair as I get dressed, I sprits a 1:1 combination of water and Organix Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Conditioner on my hair using the spray bottle. This is my leave-in conditioner.
- After my hair is saturated with the mixture, I section it off and start with the hair at the nape of my neck. I take the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and distribute it throughout the section of hair for definition.
- Next, I take my 100% raw coconut oil (melted) and run it through my hair for softness and manageability.
- Finally, I use EcoStyler Gel Argan Oil to define my curls without the crunching feeling afterwards.
- Repeat steps 2-4 on all sections of the hair.
This personalized method of a wash-n-go lasts me about 4-5 days with defined curls. I use the leave-in conditioner mixture in the mornings as well to liven up my curls if they become flat from sleeping the night before. I hope this was helpful to any new curly girl out there looking for products to try it.Let me know what you think! xoxo