I recently placed an order with MAC online and here is what I picked up! I followed the hype and bought two lipsticks from the new Matte Collection, whirl and stone. They are so beautiful and not drying at all, I really enjoy this formula of MAC lipstick and would definitely purchase a few more colors from the line. I also purchased my first MAC foundation, the Face and Body Foundation in N9. I heard great things about this foundation saying it was natural-looking, lightweight, build-able coverage, and doesn’t transfer to clothes so I wanted to check it out for myself. I plan on doing a full review on it but for now I am excited to try out my new products! xoxo
Only recently I have done the “big chop” and gone natural. I transitioned for a year but I was so tired of the two textures I just decided to cut it off in May. Since then, taking care of my hair has never been easier. I have 3b/3c/4a hair all in different places on my head. I love just doing the wash-n-go style giving me and my hair a break from heat, chemicals, and/or tension to the curls. In the shower I use this As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner and I don’t think I will ever stop using it! Everything about it is so great; it gives my hair so much slip that a wide tooth comb just glides right threw it, has a pleasant coconut smell the lingers, and provides the cleanliness of a shampoo without stripping the hair of natural oils. If you are natural I would definitely give this product a try. I found mine at Walmart but I have also seen at Target and it is probably at the drugstore too! What are some of your favorite products for your hair? xoxo
Jordana Cosmetics is a family-based makeup company in Los Angeles, California. I think their products are very comparable to Wet n Wild and N.Y.C. cosmetics. The prices are amazing, nothing much over about $4-5, for such quality products. They’re readily available at most drugstores but if they are hard to locate in your area they do have a website at www.jordanacosmetics.com
- Complete Cover 2-in-1 Concealer and Foundation | This is the product that first introduced me to the cosmetic brand. So many people were raving about this amazing foundation for $4.99! The foundation comes in 12 colors but it so affordable that you can buy two shades and mix them to get your perfect custom foundation shade. The foundation can also be used for a cream contour as well using a shade darker than your skin tone.
- Matte Lipstick | For a small price of $1.49 I want to try out the full collection of shades! There is such a wide variety of colors that is suitable for any skin tone for sure! The lipstick is not super drying as a matte formula but a sort of “comfortable matte” would be the best way to describe it. These are something definitely worth checking out if you’re one of those people who love the matte lip trend but do not want to break the bank and for those of you who want to try out a matte lipstick. Check them out!
- Powder Blush | Who wouldn’t want to try out almost 30 different shades of blushes for $2.99 each?! They are extremely bendable and highly pigmented for the price! A little bit will go a long way, especially for the bright colored ones!!
- Balm Stains | What do these remind you of? Revlon Colorburst Balm Stains, of course! They were such a hyped up product that they were sold out all the time at every drugstore. At $8 each they were a lot if you wanted more than a few colors but these Jordana ones are only $2.99 and come in 10 different colors! They are super moisturizing and glossy, perfect for a no-makeup makeup look!
- 12 Hour Eyeliner Pencil | The lasting power of these eyeliners for the price of $2.99 still blows my mind! Pigmentation and non-smudge is all you would ever need in a liner, not to mention they have a decent color range. Black, brown, gray, purple, aqua, and green…. that is a color for every eye look I can think of!
- Flawless Face Powder | The foundation, a puff, and a mirror in one compact for $1.99! How?! It gives a light to medium coverage and has a decent amount of colors to choose from. But if you cannot find you perfect shade for an all over setting powder or as an actual foundation, you can always buy a shade lighter and set your under-eye concealer with it!
- Creamy Concealer | I love that this product comes in a stick applicator form, so much better to apply directly to the skin and protect against bacteria. It could use a few more color options than just 6 shades but you can always use it as a natural highlight on your forehead, cheekbones and under your cream contour for a flawless look! Did I mention it is only $2.49?!
Let me know if you’ve tried any of these products or anything similar! I would love to know! xoxo
Posted in Beauty
Tagged cheap makeup, creamy concealer, drugstore makeup, eyeliner pencil, face powder, foundation, jordana cosmetics, lip balm stains, los angeles, makeup, makeup blogger, matte lipstick, n.y.c., wet n wild
Posted in Lifestyle
Tagged deadmau5, drake, fashion, fashion blogger, florence and the machine, gov ball, gov ball 2015, governors ball, lana del rey, lifestyle blogger, music festival, NYC, randalls park, the black keys
Sorry for being M.I.A. the last few days everyone! I was in New York City for Governor’s Ball. It’s a huge annual music festival on Randall’s Park Island. This year I was able to see artists like Drake, Florence and The Machine, Deadmau5, ODESZA and more. There was an artist for ever music lover’s taste for sure. These are my essentials for a long day out having fun and listening to music.
- Sunglasses: this is kind of agiven but sometimes you forget the most obvious things!
- Sunscreen: you will definitely need to reapply throughout the day especially if you are outside from 11 am to 11 pm.
- Wet Wipes: there is usually no soap or anywhere to clean your hands after using the bathroom or playing in the grass
- Chapstick: got to keep your lips moisturized!
- Wallet: make sure to bring cash and a card because some places are cash only or they may not seem safe enough to swipe your card at so you’ll want to use cash
- Hand lotion: you want to keep your hands moisturized as well!
- Your ticket: never forget that ! That would put a damper on the whole weekend for sure.
What are your carry around festival essentials? What festivals have you been to? Xoxo
Posted in Lifestyle
Tagged drake, electric, essentials, florence and the machine, gov ball, governors ball, hip hop, indie, lana del rey, music festival, ODESZA
Being so young, Kylie Jenner is such a fashion inspiration for so many people especially with her street style. She does not limit herself to one type of style but explores a bit of everything, she’ll lean toward edgy and dark one day and completely switches to a fresh and girly ensemble the next. I bet she never gets tired of putting together outfits, I sure wouldn’t even with half the size of her closet! She is so trendy and I bet she draws inspiration from her older sisters. They all have their own unique styles and I feel like Kylie is a big mixture of all of them. She probably could pull anything off! Who has been your celebrity style inspiration lately? xoxo
These are some pieces I’ve been eyeing for the spring/summer time this year. It is pretty much all gold but I just love the way gold looks with my skin tone, especially in the summer! I love wearing white outfits with gold jewelry, the epitome of my summertime go-to outfit style of choice. The jewelry I chose is from a multitude of places for all budgets from Nordstrom, BaubleBar, Topshop, and more . I hope you like them! xoxo
- Triangle Studs in rose gold
- Metal Collar Necklace in gold
- Fringe Strand Necklace in white & gold
- Leather Five Station Necklace in Khaki
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Watch in gold & black
- Flash Tattoos in gold & silver
- Marbleized Ring in white & gold
- Spiked Statement Necklace in gold
Posted in Fashion
Tagged accessories, baublebar, dainty necklace, earrings, flash tattoos, fringe, glam boutique, gold, gold jewelry, house of harlow, jewelry, leather, marbleized, marc jacobs, nordstrom, ring, rose gold, silver, statement necklace, topshop, urban outfitters, watch
This mix is amazing if I do say so myself. It is very upbeat and great for the summer. I love jamming to these songs in the car when I’m driving. Its a mixture of hip-hop/rap and electric. Let me know if you like it! xoxo
- Cha Cha | D.R.A.M.
- ODESZA | All We Need (ft. Shy Girls) (Autograf Remix)
- Electrify | GRMM (ft.Father Dude)
- Pham | Movements (ft. Yung Fusion)
- Raz Simone | Baby Jesus
- Kehlani | You Should Be Here
- ODESZA | Say My Name (ft. Zyra) (Jai Wolf Remix)
- Tove Lo | Talking Body (Gryffin Remix)
- itndylAn | Moon In My Room (ft. Willow Smith)
- Eiffel 65 | Blue (KNY Factory Remix)
- Black Coast | TRNDSTTR (Lucian Remix)
Posted in Lifestyle
Tagged baby jesus, black coast, cha cha, D.R.A.M., eiffel 65, electric, electrify, hip hop, itndylAn, kehlani, may mixtape, may music mix, movements, ODESZA, pham, rap, raz simone, say my name, tove lo, TRNDSTTR, willow smith, yung fusion
Currently I have been using these few products the most and I’ll tell you why. The lippie combination of the MUFE lipstick in N9 and MAC lip liner in Cork is my go-to at the moment. I love a neutral pink lip for everyday wear. I use the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 617 Iced Mocha for the inner corners of my eye when I want a pop of shimmer, especially for an all matte eyeshadow look. The NARS creamy concealer speaks for itself, it is to die for! I really like it for my under-eye (of course) and to highlight under my brows to give off a more natural looking highlight there. My MAC blush in Fever is a wonderful everyday blush color especially for darker skin tones. I love purple blushes on me! But don’t be intimidated if you are lighter in complexion, you just have to use a lighter hand and fluffier brush that doesn’t pick up as much product and you too can wear darker, more dramatic blushes! xoxo
Posted in Beauty
Tagged makeup, makeup blogger, MUFE, makeup forever, mac, cork lip liner, mac blush, fever, nyx cosmetics, nyx jumbo pencil, iced mocha, nars, radiant creamy concealer, rouge natural lipstick, N9